The Bays Hospital is located on Vale Street in Mornington.
Melways Ref: 104 E12
Hospital visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10am-5pm
Maternity Unit visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 3pm-6pm
Saturday & Sunday, 3pm-5pm
Current visitor restrictions (COVID-19)
In keeping with DHHS guidelines, from 11.59pm, 27 May 2021, The Bays will be closed to visitors until further notice.
Visitors will not be allowed to enter our hospital or aged care home, except under special circumstances as determined by the Director of Clinical Services.
Special circumstance include:
• a parent/guardian/temporary carer of a patient under 18 years
• to provide essential care and support necessary for a patient or aged care resident’s immediate physical, emotional or social wellbeing that optimises the care and support. delivered by workers and can’t be provided by the person by electronic means
• to provide interpreter or informal language support to enable delivery of care by workers
• in the case of a pregnant patient of the hospital whose status as a patient relates to the pregnancy, the person is the patient’s partner or support person
• in the case of a patient of the hospital who is in a maternity ward—the person is the patient’s partner or support person
• end of life support or immediate family member(s) of a patient or aged care resident whose medical condition is life threatening
• patient or aged care resident who has a mental illness – the patient’s nominated person is present for matters related to their role as nominated person
• receiving education on how to support the patient or aged care resident care upon discharge.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. For further information regarding visiting (including exemptions on valid grounds), please contact us on 5975 2009.
Please note: Visitors who have attended an exposure site in Victoria, during an exposure period are not permitted to attend The Bays until they have completed DHHS directives regarding testing and/or quarantining. Please refer to DHHS’ list of public exposure sites for more details coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites.
Visitor QR Code Check-in
As part of our ongoing response to COVID-19, all visitors who enter our building are required to sign in using our QR code system. QR code posters are located at our main entrance on Vale Street.
Simply follow these steps:
- Scan code using your smart phone
- Enter your details
- Select your destination
- Press ‘Submit’
- Show our friendly team member your completed form on screen
Should you require assistance, our screening staff team members are on hand to help.
Visitor Masks and Distancing
All visitors to our wards will need to wear a mask at all times. Whilst on our wards, please perform regular hand hygiene and maintain a 1.5 meter from patients, hospital staff and all other visitors at all times.
What not to bring
Due to infection control risk, please do not bring the following items to the hospital:
- Potted plants
- Latex (rubber) balloons
Cut flowers and foil (mylar) balloons are welcome.
The Bays provides free car parking for all patients, visitors and staff. The main entrance car park is located via Vale Street. There is a convenient drop off turning circle located at the main hospital entrance. Disabled car parking is available close to the main hospital entrance in the Vale Street car park.
A few car parking spaces have been reserved for our doctors. Please do not leave your car unattended in our turning circle or park in our doctor car parks. Our doctors may need quick access in the case of medical emergencies.
Staff and Doctor parking is provided at the rear of the hospital (entry via Elizabeth Street).
There is car parking available in the Elizabeth Street staff car park for Peninsula Gastroenterology patients. These spaces are well-signed.
The following Peninsula bus services stop at the Main Street side of the hospital:
- 785 from Frankston Railway Station via Mornington East
- 781 from Frankston Railway Station via Mt Eliza
Frankston Taxis phone: 03 9786 3322
Peninsula Radio Cabs Service phone: 03 5981 2233