The Bays Hospital is located on Vale Street in Mornington.
Melways Ref: 104 E12
Hospital visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10am-5pm
Maternity Unit visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 3pm-6pm
Saturday & Sunday, 3pm-5pm
Current visitor restrictions (COVID-19)
In keeping with Department of Health guidelines, from 19 July 2021, The Bays will be closed to visitors until further notice.
Visitors will not be allowed to enter our hospital, except under special circumstances as determined by the Director of Clinical Services.
Special circumstance include:
- the parent, guardian or temporary carer of a patient aged under 18 years
- the carer of a patient with a disability
- the partner or support person of a pregnant woman, whose status as a patient relates to their pregnancy
- the partner or support person of a patient in a maternity ward, whose status as a patient relates to pregnancy or childbirth
- providing interpreter or informal language support
- accompanying a patient to the emergency department
- accompanying a patient to an outpatient appointment
- providing end of life support for a patient
- providing support to a patient whose medical condition is life threatening
- a Nominated Person of a patient who is in hospital to receive care for a mental illness as defined under the Mental Health Act
- providing essential care and support for a patient’s physical or emotional wellbeing
- learning to support a patient’s care once they are discharged from hospital.
- for a person’s mental or emotional health, for example due to social isolation or to prevent harm.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
For further information regarding visiting (including exemptions on valid grounds), please contact us on 5975 2009.
Please note: Visitors who have attended an exposure site, during an exposure period, are not permitted to attend The Bays until they have completed DHHS directives regarding testing and/or quarantining.
Please refer to DHHS’ list of public exposure sites for more details coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites.
Visitor QR Code Check-in
As part of our ongoing response to COVID-19, all visitors who enter our building are required to sign in using our QR code system. QR code posters are located at our main entrance on Vale Street.
Simply follow these steps:
- Scan code using your smart phone
- Enter your details
- Select your destination
- Press ‘Submit’
- Show our friendly team member your completed form on screen
Should you require assistance, our screening staff team members are on hand to help.
Visitor Masks and Distancing
All visitors to our wards will need to wear a mask at all times. Whilst on our wards, please perform regular hand hygiene and maintain a 1.5 meter from patients, hospital staff and all other visitors at all times.
What not to bring
Due to infection control risk, please do not bring the following items to the hospital:
- Potted plants
- Latex (rubber) balloons
Cut flowers and foil (mylar) balloons are welcome.
The Bays provides free car parking for all patients, visitors and staff. The main entrance car park is located via Vale Street. There is a convenient drop off turning circle located at the main hospital entrance. Disabled car parking is available close to the main hospital entrance in the Vale Street car park.
A few car parking spaces have been reserved for our doctors. Please do not leave your car unattended in our turning circle or park in our doctor car parks. Our doctors may need quick access in the case of medical emergencies.
Staff and Doctor parking is provided at the rear of the hospital (entry via Elizabeth Street).
There is car parking available in the Elizabeth Street staff car park for Peninsula Gastroenterology patients. These spaces are well-signed.
The following Peninsula bus services stop at the Main Street side of the hospital:
- 785 from Frankston Railway Station via Mornington East
- 781 from Frankston Railway Station via Mt Eliza
Frankston Taxis phone: 03 9786 3322
Peninsula Radio Cabs Service phone: 03 5981 2233