The Bays Hospital is located on Vale Street in Mornington.
Melways Ref: 104 E12
Updated visiting policy (COVID-19)
Effective 9th July 2020, visitors are not permitted to attend the hospital. However, we understand this is a challenging time; exceptions are made for:
- One support person of a paediatric patient.
- One support person for maternity patients.
- One support person for a patient with high or specific care needs.
- Support to immediate family members in the event of End of Life planning.
All approved visitors to The Bays Hospital or Dialysis Unit are required to wear a face covering or face mask. Masks will be provided upon entry.
Visits are restricted as follows:
- No visitors are allowed in the wards or surgery areas.
- One partner or support person (over 16 years of age) is welcome, however, is requested to refrain from multiple visits throughout a day.
- No visitors are allowed in our Day Infusion Unit.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- No visitors are allowed in our ICU.
Our visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm
All visitors are screened prior to entry.
For further information regarding visiting restrictions please contact us on 5975 2009.
Individuals are not permitted entry if they:
- Have a temperature above 37.5 degrees.
- Have symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell or taste).
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting test results, and have not met the criteria for discharge from isolation.
- Have arrived in Australia from overseas within the past 14 days.
- Have had known contact with someone who has COVID-19.
What not to bring
Due to infection control risk, please do not bring the following items to the hospital:
- Potted plants
- Latex (rubber) balloons
Cut flowers and foil (mylar) balloons are welcome.
The Bays provides free car parking for all patients, visitors and staff. The main entrance car park is located via Vale Street. There is a convenient drop off turning circle located at the main hospital entrance. Disabled car parking is available close to the main hospital entrance in the Vale Street car park.
A few car parking spaces have been reserved for our doctors. Please do not leave your car unattended in our turning circle or park in our doctor car parks. Our doctors may need quick access in the case of medical emergencies.
Staff and Doctor parking is provided at the rear of the hospital (entry via Elizabeth Street).
There is car parking available in the Elizabeth Street staff car park for Peninsula Gastroenterology patients. These spaces are well-signed.
The following Peninsula bus services stop at the Main Street side of the hospital:
- 785 from Frankston Railway Station via Mornington East
- 781 from Frankston Railway Station via Mt Eliza
Frankston Taxis phone: 03 9786 3322
Peninsula Radio Cabs Service phone: 03 5981 2233