Leave a bequest
A gift for life
A bequest is an incredibly powerful gift left in your will that nominates the recipient/s of your assets and estate. A bequest transforms your will into one of the most potent tools for change there is, with little or no impact on your lifestyle today.
In establishing a bequest, you may specify an amount of money or a percentage of your estate, the remainder of your estate, or other items such as shares or real estate. You may also have a particular association or preference within The Bays Healthcare Group where you wish your funds to be allocated, which can be nominated in your will.
Here are just a few ways your bequest can make a difference:
- A general-purpose bequest – the preferred option as your bequest can be used to enable The Bays to direct your gift to where it is needed most.
- A specific purpose bequest – where you can nominate a service or ward you would like your bequest directed to (i.e. cancer services, maternity services, to purchase much need patient monitoring and theatre equipment, to upgrade our dialysis unit facilities, etc.)
- A perpetual trust – made in your name or the name of a loved one where the corpus (capital of your estate) is invested and the annual interest used for general or specific purposes.
Why make a bequest to The Bays?
Your support will allow us to keep up with the latest medical developments, purchase new equipment, maintain a comfortable and supportive environment for patients and visitors to The Bays Hospital and help us ensure that quality residential aged care facilities are available to all those in need.
The Bays is the last of Victoria’s bush nursing organisations still providing aged care and a full range of acute hospital services. The Bays is a community-owned, not for profit organisation, and our hospital receives no direct funding assistance from the Government.
Our commitment to you is to ensure your gift will be administered and applied under your expressed wishes and duly acknowledged with our thanks.
After you have looked after your family, there are several ways you can include The Bays in your will. Options include:
- A specific dollar amount;
- A specified percentage of your estate;
- The residue of your estate or a percentage of the residue (the remainder of your estate after your bequests have been distributed);
- Real estate, shares, art collections and/or other capital assets; and
- Life insurance policies or annuities.
If you have any questions or would like to receive a Bequest pack, please contact our Fundraising & Community Engagement Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org. All information is treated in the strictest confidence, and we will respect your wishes if you choose to remain anonymous.