Mr Andrew Chia
MBBS, FRACS(Orth), FAOrthA
Mr Andrew Chia is an experienced orthopaedic surgeon with particular interests in hip and knee surgery. He utilises the latest arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques for the management of hip and knee conditions.
Mr Chia graduated from The University of Melbourne in 2000, commenced his surgical training in 2003, began advanced orthopaedic surgical training in 2006 and became a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 2010. He spent his early consultant years at Australia’s largest trauma centre, The Alfred Hospital. In addition to providing public service to patients with elective hip, knee and shoulder conditions, here he developed his surgical skills in complex reconstructions and trauma. He subsequently went on to complete a fellowship in hip arthroscopy and anterior minimally invasive total hip replacements.
- Hip and knee specialist
- Bikini incision, anterior approach hip replacement
- Patient specific total knee replacement
- Hip arthroscopy (labral tear, FAI, trochanteric bursitis)
- Knee arthroscopy (meniscal tear, ACL)
- MBBS (University of Melbourne) 2000
- FRACS (Orth), RACS and AOA (Victoria), 2010
- Hip Arthroscopy Fellowship, Melbourne, 2011
- Hip and Knee Fellowship, Lyon, France, 2011
Consulting Suite 1, The Bays Hospital, 262 Main Street Mornington
Phone: 03 9928 6288