Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for The Bays Aged Care
Minimising the risk
We are following the direction from the Department of Health and Human Services and being agile in our response to this crisis and pro-active in our steps to keep The Bays family healthy.
Protocols have been implemented at The Bays Aged Care to ensure the ongoing protection of residents, staff, and visitors:
- Thorough environmental cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants;
- Ensuring proper usage of PPE, including donning and doffing;
- Ensuring proper physical distancing in common areas;
- Ensuring proper hand hygiene practices are followed.
Download COVID-19 Safe Plan Aged Care
Visitor Restrictions for The Bays Aged Residential Aged Care
In-line with the most recent government recommendations please note the following restrictions are now in place for visiting residents at The Bays Aged Care.
- All visits are by appointment and are encouraged between 10-3pm daily.
- Appointments can be made by phoning the home on 0436 913 370.
- Visits are to take place in the resident’s room.
- Visitors are encouraged to maintain a 1.5-metre social distancing whilst on site.
- Visits are limited to one visitor per day for up to one hour per day. (Approval for additional visits/visitors due to exceptional circumstances will be given as required).
- All visitors are to adhere to wearing a fitted surgical mask and face screen whilst on site.
- All visitors will continue to be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry which includes temperature testing.
Relatives are encouraged to continue to book a ZOOM call or phone call with their loved ones, please call 0436 913 370.
These important measures will ensure that we continue to minimize the risk of potential illness to vulnerable residents. We are committed to preventing the spread of infection at The Bays and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.