Some generous supporters of The Bays are in a position to purchase a piece of specialised equipment or a key resource in its entirety. A gift of this type will allow us to immediately improve patient care and outcomes.
Our priority needs is equipment that is urgently needed. As a not for profit organisation, The Bays relies on the generosity of the community to invest in the purchase of these important items. Priority needs recently funded through generous donations include:
- A patient transport vehicle to commute patients between hospital, rehabilitation centres, appointments at other hospitals, or in some cases, to their own homes. We thank the Grand Hotel Mornington for generously enabling this purchase.
- A Scalp Cooling Machine helps breast-cancer patients retain their hair while undergoing chemotherapy. The patient wears the cap at specific times before, during and after chemo treatment. It’s designed to keep the scalp extremely cool which prevents the hair follicle from being damaged during treatment and therefore the hair is retained. This purchase was funded by a passionate past hospital patient of The Bays.
- A Prostate Ultrasound, is used by Urologists to guide both biopsies and brachytherapy treatments on the prostate in men. This next generation ultrasound system has the ability to also “fuse” together an MR scan so that the surgeon can “see” the location of tumour within the prostate to guide biopsy sampling and improve the placement of Low Dose Radiation seed treatments known as Brachytherapy, in real-time during the operation. This technology, not currently available on the Peninsula, was funded by a generous patient of The Bays.
- A Orthopaedic and Spinal Microscope, which now allows The Bays to commence more complex spinal surgery, particularly lower back surgery. Procedures include microdiscetomies and lumbar disc replacements. Both procedures are performed by specialist spinal orthopaedic surgeons and are usually performed to relieve pain and improve nerve conduction to the lower limbs. This purchase was funded by an anonymous donor.
- A Sonosite Edge Portable Ultrasound to allow for faster and more accurate assessment of foetal wellbeing and foetal presentation during pregnancy and labour. Having dependable results in seconds increases patient safety and expedites decision-making. This Obstetric Ultrasonography equipment was generously donated by a anonymous donor.
If you would like to receive information on our current priority projects, please contact email@example.com or call (03) 5970 5339. Most projects and items require a gift of approximately $30,000 or above.