Become a member
Good friends, informative events, community participation
The Bays has Members rather than shareholders. This model gives us all a personal stake in the organisation’s future. We’re committed to an approach that furthers the health and wellbeing of our Members and the local community.
As a charitable hospital and aged care provider operating on a mot for profit basis, The Bays exists to benefit our community. This is why we say we are ‘about community before profits’.
The Bays membership consists of a group of patients, friends, local residents and other supporters who want to get involved with The Bays. Through membership, they come together to contribute to the improvement of healthcare for the Mornington Peninsula community, develop friendships and enjoy hearing keynote speakers.
Membership events change from time to time to keep them fresh and interesting for our members. But almost every event includes a lovely morning or afternoon tea, prominent guest speaker from The Bays or our community, and the company of good friends, old and new. Every event is a unique opportunity for members to listen to leading specialists and members of our executive team, and learn about the latest in organisational developments that will benefit the community.
An essential part of the success of The Bays is the membership base within our community. People who elect to become members of The Bays not only play a vital role in the governance of the organisation, but help us stay well-connected to the needs of our community. Our recent decisions to refresh our maternity facilities and create a new day infusion service stem directly from such community feedback.
Membership is essential to our future and we welcome new members wishing to join and share our story.
“We were delighted to arrive in Mornington from Canberra to find that the area is serviced by such a great community hospital and we wanted to show our support by becoming financial members”.
The benefits of membership
There are many benefits to being a member of The Bays. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
Hospital benefits (on admission)
- A discount of up to $250 per admission of out-of-pocket expenses (hospital charges not covered by health insurance). This may be applied against insurance excesses or co-payments, visitor meals, boarder charges, etc. charged by The Bays.
- Priority admission (wherever possible) to The Bays Aged Care at Hastings
- Invitations to special events and official openings
- Copies of our newsletter and corporate publications
- Have your say in helping us improve
- Voting rights at General Meetings
Membership is $50 a year for singles or $100 a year for couples/families, renewable each July.
Why our members support us
- 96% – Because The Bays is an important community asset
- 70% – To contribute to the improvement of healthcare for the community
- 70% – Are grateful for the care they, or a loved one, received at The Bays
- 56% – To financially support the healthcare delivery in the community
For more information on membership please contact the Community Engagement office on 03 5970 5329 or email email@example.com