Updated visiting policy (COVID-19)
If you would like to visit our maternity unit, you can only do so once a day, for a maximum of two hours. Visits are restricted to either one or two visitors at any one time.
Our visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm
There are a few exceptions where visitors are not bound by the two hour time limit:
- A parent or guardian accompanying a patient who is a child under 18 years.
- A carer accompanying a patient with a disability.
- A partner/support person accompanying a pregnant patient (admitted for pregnancy care).
- A visitor accompanying a patient receiving end of life care.
All visitors are screened prior to entry.
Please do not visit if in the last 14 days:
- You just returned to Australia from overseas; or
- You had known contact with someone who has COVID-19; or
- You have been unwell or are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms:
– a fever of 37.5 degrees or symptoms of acute respiratory infection such as:
– breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
– sore throat
– fatigue or tiredness.
For further information regarding visiting restrictions please contact us on 5975 2009.
If you are planning a visit, we recommend you check with the new parents, or speak with our maternity staff prior to your arrival. Please be mindful that visiting for extended periods, or visits later in the evening, can be tiring for new new mums who are caring for their new baby. Always keep young children under supervision during your visit and be mindful of other new parents who may be resting in the ward.