Our maternity service
The Bays Hospital in Mornington has provided a maternity service for almost 80 years with around 500 babies currently born annually. Our maternity unit is considered one of the finest in the country, and Medibank Private customers recently awarded us the Highest Rated Maternity Unit in Australia.
But more importantly we want The Bays to feel like an extension of your home and our team to feel like family.
When you choose to have your baby with us you have access to:
- a private room and complimentary overnight accommodation for partners
- birthing suites with private ensuite and bath
- our specialist obstetricians and paediatricians with on-site consulting rooms
- on-call obstetricians, anaesthetists and paediatricians 24 hours a day
- state-of-the-art special care nursery
- state-of-the-art operating theatres
- breastfeeding support and lactation consultant
- the experience and support of our team of midwives and mothercraft nurses
- pre-natal childbirth education
- post-natal parenting support
- on-site pathology and radiology services
- on-site pharmacy
We are the only private hospital in Victoria to be accredited by the World Health Organization’s Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI).
The BFHI is a global effort by the WHO and UNICEF to implement practices that protect, promote and support breastfeeding. Accredited Baby-Friendly facilities play a key role in educating parents about feeding and caring for their babies.
Our staff are committed to assisting and supporting new mothers with breastfeeding. We will provide all the information you need to make informed decisions about feeding your baby. Parents who choose not to breastfeed will receive our full training and support. Infant health and a positive experience for all mothers is our focus.