Our maternity service
The Bays Hospital in Mornington has provided a maternity service for 80 years with around 500 babies currently born annually. Our maternity unit is considered one of the finest in the country, and Medibank Private customers recently awarded us the Highest Rated Maternity Unit in Australia.
But more importantly we want The Bays to feel like an extension of your home and our team to feel like family.
When you choose to have your baby with us you have access to:
- a private room and complimentary overnight accommodation for partners
- birthing suites, each with its own private ensuite and deep bath
- our specialist obstetricians and paediatricians with on-site consulting rooms
- on-call obstetricians, anaesthetists and paediatricians 24 hours a day
- state-of-the-art special care nursery
- state-of-the-art operating theatres
- breastfeeding support and lactation consultants
- the experience and support of our team of midwives and mothercraft nurses
- pre-natal childbirth education
- post-natal parenting support
- on-site pathology and radiology services
- on-site pharmacy