GP update on navigating the complexity of shoulder pain, treatment options and recovery
This seminar will provide GPs with a comprehensive update on diagnosis, treatment and management techniques of three common yet challenging shoulder conditions, includingwhat to do when you can’t fix the shoulder.
The program will cover the entire patient journey. From diagnosis to treatment, through to rehabilitation and recovery. We will also explore referral pathways for in home care and assistance.
Wednesday 21 August 2019
6pm to 9.10pm
Rare Hare Restaurant at Jackalope Hotel
166 Balnarring Road
Mr Austin Vo, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mr Jack Morrissey, Senior Physiotherapist
Program will cover:
Three shoulder conditions that frequently present to a GP practice.
- Diagnose common shoulder conditions through patient history and examination;
- Discuss how imaging investigations affect decision making in the management of shoulder conditions;
- Identify patients with shoulder pain that may benefit from non-operative treatment and those that require surgery;
- Outline modern techniques in shoulder replacement surgery;
- Implement a suitable patient management and referral pathway for patients with a common shoulder condition to an Orthopaedic Surgeon;
- Identify a home care referral pathway.
RACGP CPD Points:
An application for RACGP QI&CPD 4 Category 2 points has been submitted and is pending approval for this activity.
REGISTER BY MONDAY 12 AUGUST 2018
You can register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact:
Jacqui Bennetto, Business Development & Marketing Manager
Phone: (03) 5970 5309