Prostate Cancer Update – Diagnosis & Management
|Date||Thursday 1 June 2017|
|Time||6.00pm to 9.00pm|
|1 Schnapper Point Drive|
|Cost||Free of charge|
This seminar is for General Practitioners and will provide an update on Prostate Cancer diagnosis and management.
It will cover content and promote general discussion around PSA, Active Surveillance, Prostate Brachytherapy and more, including useful and practical information on best practice principles for the diagnosis, treatment and management of prostate cancer.
Case studies will be presented and structured in a question and answer style for practical learning.
- The role of the GP in active surveillance and when intervention should be triggered
- Discuss the advantages & disadvantages of combined dose escalated prostate brachytherapy with Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) in higher risk disease compared to standard EBRT
- Benefits of using Space OAR Hydrogel in prostate External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Summarise the role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in prostate cancer
- Identify which patients may be suitable for referral for a prostate MRI.
RACGP CPD points:
Approved 4 Category 2 RACGP QI & CPD points in the 2017-2019 triennium.
Places are limited Click here to register now
Download the Prostate Cancer Update flier
For more information contact Jenny wain, Clinical Educator
Phone: (03) 5970 5309