Medical Emergencies in General Practice
Includes RACGP accredited CPR workshop
|Date||Saturday 13 May 2017|
|Time||9.00am to 4.00pm|
|Location||The Bays Hospital|
|Vale Street, Mornington|
This seminar will provide General Practitioners with an update on current Best Practice recommendations for the management of medical emergencies and basic life support.
Interactive skill stations will provide the opportunity for General Practitioners to practice and refine basic life support techniques. This session will include a RACGP accredited CPR workshop.
Case studies will be presented and structured in a question and answer style learning modality, with multi-disciplinary discussion.
Learn how to:
- Conduct initial rapid assessment utilising DRSABC
- Demonstrate competence with airway/ventilation techniques including airway adjuncts and bag-valve masks
- Demonstrate safe and effective compression technique
- Demonstrate safe operation of Semi-Automatic External Defribrillators (SAED)
- List the indications for ECG monitoring
- Identify common 12-lead ECG patterns of acute myocardial infarction.
Places are limited Click here to register now
Download the Medical Emergencies in General Practice Course flier
For more information contact Deborah Sharp, Clinical Educator
Phone: (03) 5970 5309